2021011 - Cyber Security Specialist
The information security analyst performs information security functions related to investigating cyber security alerts, incident response and potential threats. Utilizes information security technologies such as antivirus, SIEM, next generation firewalls, proxies and network access control along with policies and procedures. As needed, implements response and remediation measures within the various security technologies. Supports the business units by evaluating new client software requests.
Day-to-day activities -
- Review non-standard software requests for security implications
- Cloud/off-site data store
- Software-as-a-service tools
- Required internet communications
- Install software within malware sandbox environment and review report(s)
- Triage security incidents
- Review/monitor ticket queue for incident tickets from the security operations center
- Perform initial review to validate findings through firewall, proxy, VPN and client logs
- Implement necessary response measures within firewall and proxy solutions
- Liaison with other teams for necessary response (lock user/computer account, force password reset, asset reimage, etc.)
- Utilize provided tools, guidance and procedures to troubleshoot user issues
- Slow VPN performance
- Website block/warning investigation
- VPN authentication/access issues
- Perform minor/standard firewall changes, updates and tasks as directed
- Review reported vulnerabilities for applicability as it relates to information security infrastructure
- >8 years’ experience in Information Technology Security
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security or Information Assurance
General skills -
- Team participation with openness to dialogue
- Working seamlessly in a distributed team via collaboration tools
- Ability to learn fast, adapt to new technology and keep current with industry certification
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and other interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to inform, educate and influence managers and employees to support goals and initiatives.
- Solid analytical/problem solving skills with the capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems.