2022015 - Senior Java Developer
For our customer, one of the world’s leading
manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and
industrial engines, we are now looking
for a Java Developer with a passion for technology and the willingness to
develop state-of-the-art software applications.
In the role you will be using
the latest Java technologies delivering a very modern micro service based
service platform hosted in the cloud. Our customer use agile methods and as they
are adopting the DevOps model your work will cover a broad spectrum all the way
from developing prototypes of future “killer applications” to managing the
lifecycle of the existing ones.
- Develop new software
applications – frontend and backend - according to our customers development
standards (epics and user stories will be given, but understanding the wanted affect you should also be able to read between the lines)
- Deploy, operate and maintain
our customers applications incl. driving continuous improvement of the same for
better quality, functionality, cost effectiveness, etc.
- Actively contribute to the
solution design of new services
- And finally, but not at
least, continuously reflect upon how things are done and what can be improved
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or
Computer Engineering or similar.
- 8+ years of experience working with Java based Web applications
- 2+ years experience working within Cloud (AWS)
- Excellent programming skills in advanced Java i.e. Java 8 and above
- Good knowledge in Spring
- Good knowledge in Microservices architecture
- Experienced with Unit testing
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Experience of working in an Agile environment e.g SCRUM or SAFe
Good to have
- Experience from mobile (connected) applications.
- DevOps Experience
- Experience of Test automation frameworks
- React or other frontend technologies
- Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or similar
- Good team player with attention to detail, self-disciplined, able to
manage their own time and workload, proactive and motivated.
- Strong sense of responsibility and commitment, innovative thinking.
- Great communication skills.