2022041 - Embedded Software Engineer
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implement embedded software in our Instrument cluster and Infotainment platforms
- Define and develop code to support product enhancements and custom application needs
- Define and develop unit tests as part of the development process
- Meet or exceed agreed performance objectives, time plans, and milestones
- Work with involvement from product definition and idea to finished product
- Proactively interact with colleagues during all stages of product development
- Keep up with the latest embedded trends, technologies, best practices, etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent disciplines, emphasizing software design practices.
- 7+ years of experience in Embedded software development with C or C++ for automotive electrical systems
- Experience with Android and/or Apple Car play
- Experience of Low level and Middleware programming & design
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills on embedded Linux platforms.
- Object-Oriented Design methodologies and SW Design Principles
- Strong test-driven development methodologies and tools knowledge
- Ability to handle ambiguity and make decisions and recommendations with limited data
- Ability to verbalize problem statements as well as suggested enhancements
- Dynamic, highly motivated individual with a passion for HMI and vehicles
Good to have
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent disciplines with an emphasis on Software Design practices.
- Competence in scripting, scripting languages and utilities: e.g. make files, build scripts