2023022 – Software Configuration Manager - Automotive R&D
We are looking for a Software
Configuration Manager, who is responsible for the release of a quality-assured
software baseline for the complete production system of our BMS Software, both
during the development phase as well as projects directed towards customer
vehicles in running production and aftermarket. You will be responsible for the entire project's configuration
management activities. You may face challenges with
shorter time plans, more frequent software deliveries and integration, new
types of software as applications, and software patches/partial updates.
- You define the configuration management
strategy based on defined processes and lessons learned. This includes the
- Tools and repositories to be used
- Variant management strategy
- Branch management strategy
- Management of storage - scheduling, archiving,
- Access control
- Baselining criteria
- Revision history approach
- Naming conventions for releases, work
products, and versions
The strategy should
cover the configuration management of work products of the system
and subsystem work products.
- You initiate
improvements in the area of "toolchain" automation, software
tools and efficient solutions for the development in the area of system
- You work closely with
the service administrators and advise them on innovations and adjustments
to the concepts and strategies for the system software development area.
- You actively report in
document management for projects and the software area
- You actively support
and moderate the identification of required work products and their
content and infrastructure requirements
- You will oversee the
development and improvement of tracking, recovery, storage and branch
strategies in close collaboration with the development area and track the
implementation of the strategies created.
Requirements – Must list (short, and really
must, no order)
- Successfully completed studies (Bachelor or Master) in computer science,
industrial engineering or a comparable course of study
- 6 +years of support and configuration of development environments and
configuration management systems (CMS), preferably in the automotive
- Experience with development toolchain automation using
CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with version control tools like GitHub, Bitbucket
- Experience with process and quality management tools
- Experience with agile project management tools like
- Experience with MS office tools like Word, Excel, and
Good to have
- Experience with development toolchain which includes
compilers [HighTec], debuggers [Trace32] and linker scripting.
- Experience with integration of software and release to meet sprint plan.
- Awareness of ASPICE, and ISO 26262 for system and software
- Awareness of requirement management tools like
- Awareness of software design tools like EA
- Awareness of software testing tools like Tessy
- Awareness of test automation using Python
- Enthusiasm for processes, tools and process optimisation
- A person who enjoys building relationships and networking while being very service minded
- Drive to resolve the issues and see the big picture.
- Structured and have a good sense of details.
- Happy to share your best practices and equally happy
to learn from others.
- Great communicator and good corporation skills
Send Your Resume
Please contact us with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org