2023048 - Software Configuration Manager (Automotive R&D)
We are looking for Software Configuration Manager (CM), according to the ASPICE SUP.8 definitions. The CM handles defining the configuration strategy and related processes compliant to ASPICE needs and to ensure proper documentation and communication to development departments. You are responsible for baselining requirements and features per development release, configure the development tool chain to ensure full traceability among the different ASPICE development disciplines and to train and educate development teams in line with ASPICE Quality Management rules.
The current focus is on proper configuration management for development releases. Automation
of high-frequency software releases based on CI/CD and DevOps is not yet in the
scope of this job position but may increase over time.
- You define the configuration management strategy based
on existing processes and best practices to comply with ASPICE
certification rules. This includes the definition of:
o Tools and repositories to be used
o Management of storage - scheduling, archiving, and backup
o Variant and branch management strategy
o Naming conventions for releases, work products, and versions
o Access control
o Baselining criteria for development releases and later on mass production releases
o Revision history management – requirements, software/test code and result documentation
- The strategy should cover the configuration management
of work products of system and subsystems.
- Ensure traceability throughout the entire development tool
chain is key, based on tools like Polarion, Enterprise Archtiect, Tessy, JIRA,
GitLab, BitBucket, Jenkins.
- Support the Quality Manager and secure an ASPICE
certifyable development flow.
- You actively document your strategy, processes and best practises in the
document management system and continuously evangelise and train the teams on
the existing rules and guidelines.
- You actively support and moderate the identification of required work
products, their content and secure that infrastructure requirements can be
- You work closely with the service administrators and advise them on
innovations, adjustments to the concepts and strategies for an efficient system
software development flow.
- You oversee the development area and foster improvements of baselining, traceability,
storage and branch strategies in close collaboration with the development teams
and track the implementation of the strategies created.
- At a later stage, you initiate improvements in the area of
"toolchain" automation, for secure and more frequent SW releases, based
on CI/CD practises.
Requirements – Must list (short, and really
must, no order)
- Successfully completed studies (Bachelor or Master) in computer science,
industrial engineering or a comparable course of study
- 6+ years
of support and configuration of development environments and configuration
management systems (CMS), in the automotive industry
- Experience in defining configuration management
concepts and strategies in Automotive
- Experience with ASPICE and ISO26262 and their consequences for the
configuration management strategy
- Experience in practically configuring the entire
o Experience with requirement
management tools like Polarion
o Experience with software design
tools like EA
o Experience with software testing
tools like Tessy
o Experience with version
control tools like GitLab, BitBucket
o Experience with agile project
management tools like JIRA
- Practical experience in baselining, documenting,
revision and result handling of various development releases
- Experience with execution of CM
[Configuration Management] audits at regular intervals
- Experience with execution of release audits during the release of work packages as per schedule
- Experience with participation in CCB [Change Control
Board] meetings and providing approval for changed work packages of the project
- Experience with integration of software and release to meet sprint plan.
- Knowledge of development toolchains, including compilers [HighTec], debuggers[Trace32] and linker scripting.
- Knowledge of development toolchain automation using
CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- Knowledge of handling Jenkins with Groovy code
- Battery Management Knowledge
- German language skills
- Great communicator and good corporation skills
- Enthusiasm for processes, tools and process optimisation
- A person who enjoys building relationships and networking while being very service oriented
- Drive to resolve the issues and see the big picture.
- Structured and have a good sense of details.
- Happy to share your best practices and equally happy
to learn from others.
Send Your Resume
Please contact us with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org